Friday, January 02, 2009

Filipinos Need a "Good Movie. No seriously, a really "Good One"

And when I say "good", I'm not talking about the same-old movie genre that we Filipinos always advertise. The same-old love team, the same-old boring, superficial and very gooey stories. How I wish that Filipinos can make "good stuffs" at least in the field of cinematic approach. Believe me, I have no educational background or whatsoever in the cinema but as a person who loves movie and enjoys a "good" movie, I am quite aware and became open on how movies should affect people's state of mind. This is not so nationalistic but I really enjoy "foreign" movies rather than Pinoy ones. Yes, I must say that there are "few" and "some" noticeable Filipino movies that can I can be proud of, most of them are indies. But sad to say, those films that are even a candidate for the Metro Manila Film Festivals are not that really good. Sure they bring laughter, sure they bring "kilig", sure they bring suspense or thriller but there's no substance in it.


My father hates Filipino movies, but not all of them. One time I asked him, what makes other movies so good that even you watched it for like hundred of times you will not get tired of it? My father says that it's the substance and depth the movie has and I believe him. Good movies have substance, depth that can leave their audience awed with amazement.

Movies can affect us, in fact in many different ways. All we need to do especially to the cinema

tographers that we are portraying a good influence to the movies that we want to inculcate in the minds of the audience.



I had just finished a very good movie. The Story of Emile Zola. Emile Zola is a French writer. All his life, he fought for truth and justice and I think his life until his death is an inspiration to many. His works brought up turmoil in the injustices of the French military army due to its unfair and injustice acts of its officers.







So, who agrees with me?

Who loves foreign movie and who love Pinoy movies more?

This is just a thought.



4 comments:

tubby said...

Well, Kimbies, I sorta think it's that shallowness and simplicity that's saving the Philippines from doom. It's like...flexibility. Countries don't wage war with us because they don't have to...it's easier and cheaper to string us along. So maybe our shallowness is a blessing in disguise. I think. Hehe.

Wow, Emile Zola. Haven't found out much about him yet. Cool.

By the way, I finished a great book yesterday. Flatland, by Edwin Abbott. It's...amazing. Hehehe. Very deep and symbolic. :)

Kim said...

Really?
Well, that's something.
But I think Filipino people should
have a more creative or should I say mas malalim-lalim na pag-iisip, on how they view things and stuffs. Coz I see Filipinos nowadays especially within our age bracket, I see shallowness. Oh well. Napaka-tanda ko talaga mag-isip and I think that's why I am quite different and apart from "them". What they're likes, etc.

Oh well, Emile Zola is great. Just have to read some of his books though.

Really, I would definitely check-out Flatland. It's a book recommended by yours, so I would give it a shot. Lota, why don't you build a "Lota's Book Club" just like that of Oprah. Haha.

Speaking of Oprah, I am having "Oprah-Marathon" right now at Hallmark. I just enjoyed her! haha.

tubby said...

Hahaha. Oh wow. That was very flattering. Lota's Book Club! Sounds great! Hahaha.

Flatland's a bit nosebleed lang, though. It's a classic kasi eh. But do finish it. You won't be regretting it. It's all the religious convincing a person would need. Hehe.

Oh, yeah. Oprah. Can't watch right now eh. Sayang.

See you sa text! :D

Kim said...

yup.
Unli is so annoying.
Ang tagal eh.

:D